LIL VISHIS






“Are you smarter than a 6th grader?” that is what the young, talented rapper from the East coast is asking! Lil Vishis is his name, and he is one of the most talented lyricists out at the moment. His talent goes beyond his lyrical ability to his performances, business sense, and overall positive message he eludes in each rhyme. His punch lines are crazy, his freestyles are one of a kind, and his messages are of good quality all ages can enjoy. Get to know Lil Vishis and he is evolving to become an all time great!

ONE: At such a young age, where do you get your lyrics from?

Lil Vishis: I just like watching older people rap, and I try to be like them, but do songs for the kids instead.

ONE: Was there ever a time your parents disapproved of your lyrics?

Lil Vishis: No not really, because I always keep my raps positive.

ONE: In your song, “Hottest in the City – Remix”, you had a punch line where you said, “I’ll bag Nikki if I was a lil taller”. Is Nikki your celebrity crush?

Lil Vishis: NO, well a little bit, but not really.

ONE: Do you have a celebrity crush?

Lil Vishis: Yeah, Paula Patton

ONE: Aww, older women! Do you have anyone your age that you have an interest in?

Lil Vishis: Naw, not right now.

ONE: Just older woman huh?

Lil Vishis: Yeah (Laughs)

ONE: In May 2011 you attended the female Hip Hop honors and you performed alongside Lyriccal, what inspiration did you get from this experience?

Lil Vishis: She really gave me inspiration because I remember when I was that little and I use to rap. She was good and she made me want to perform a little bit harder.

ONE: Did you all rehearse for this performance beforehand or was it on a freestyle basis?

Lil Vishis: We didn’t rehearse anything; we talked about it before going on, but never actually practiced anything.

ONE: Who is behind the development of your marketing strategy in which you use a street team of peers your age to promote your material?


Lil Vishis: Mostly it is my DJ, as well as Mass Media. These are the sources who usually market it. Sometimes I will do it myself. I also use my cousin Rueben, he does it too, and he is 13.

ONE:  Is your cousin your hype man?

Lil Vishis: Yeah.

ONE: What has been the overall response on Twitter when you asked fans for feedback from the mix tape, “Are you smarter than a 6th grader?

Lil Vishis: They gave me good feedback. People are saying it’s the best mix tape of the year.

ONE: Do you have another tour lined up to promote the mix tape?

Lil Vishis: I might be going on tour with Sam Adams, and I might do a couple of songs off of the mixtape. I also go to Atlanta in July for an out the trunk concert where I will debut one of my songs there.

ONE: Since you seem to be above average in your business sense, do you have a strategy to evolve as an artist with age so you are not always labeled just an adorable teen who can rap?

Lil Vishis: Yeah, I pick up other things from other artists, like switch up my flow in songs so I can be different.

ONE: A lot of your talent is seemingly natural that requires little coaching. What is the area you feel as an artist you need growth in?

Lil Vishis: Probably my lyrics, I need to grow a little bit more in those.

ONE: What is next on the plate of Lil Vishis?

Lil Vishis: I am trying to work on another mix tape and soon an album. I am hoping to get features, but I’m going to wait until then before I name them.

There you have it readers! A young, level headed 12 year old who is making massive moves in the industry to be amongst the great. Now ask yourself, Are you smarter than this 6th grader?

Find Lil Vishis @:

www.lilvishis.com

Story by Teresa Wiggins

No comments:

Post a Comment